Friday, April 25, 2008

Nic Enjoys a Day in the Park

Today Nic enjoyed a day in the park. And by park I don't mean some ordinary park with swings, and a walking trail, I mean the US National Whitewater Center. If you are not from Charlotte, or have not been there, check it out at http://www.usnwc.org/. It's awesome. This week they are hosting the US Olympic Team Trials for Whitewater Slalom. So we spent about 4 hours today watching future Olympic athletes complete - it was very cool. As you can see from the picture, Nic was enthralled. He actually spent most of the time alert and watching the people, the water, the dogs, etc. And then for those of you not from Charlotte, below Nic is a picture of my friend Janice (who provided the tickets to this event - thanks Janice) with a tiny USNWC staff person in front of her:)
After the event, Nic sang Janice the ah ah ah song, which goes like this "ah ah ah, ah ah ah, ah ah ah, ah ah ah..."
Then he showed her how well he can roll from his back to his tummy, which is his new favorite "trick". Oh, and then he "drank" from a glass of water. By "drank" I mean took water into his mouth from a glass like a normal person, then unsure of what to do with the water once in his mouth, let it run on out. He will start to eat solid food in the next 3-4 weeks, so it's a good start.

2 comments:

Janice said...

And for those of you who have not heard the AH song, lemme tell ya Justin ain't got nothin' on Nic!
The picture of Nic doesn't convey all the attention he gathers... his blue eyes attract everyone from older ladies to school kids all day long. If only it worked on goodlooking single men...

"I'm Rachel" said...

I'm sorry I missed you, but I completely understand that Nic had had it. I frequently feel that way after I've been out there for a few hours, and I'm a full-grown adult! Sounds like you guys had a good time. When I was able to peel myself away from the ropes course, it was fun to watch the races. I'm excited to go out there with the girls on the 8th!