Monday, April 7, 2008

4 month doctor visit

Nicolas went for his 4 month doctor's visit today and as we suspected.....he's a GENIUS!
OK so the doctor didn't actually say that, but I know that's what she was thinking. He is now 14.5 lbs and 25.5 inches. Unfortunately for Nic, he had to get blood drawn and get vaccinated. As you may guess, this did NOT make him happy. It didn't please me much either. Not that I was against them doing it. I know that he has to get vaccines and getting blood drawn was a necessity too. But the crying and the pained look on his face was so heartbreaking for his mom. He got the big red face and WAILED. I would too being a little guy like him getting a needle stuck in my arm (which didn't work) and then getting pricked in the heel. Then if that weren't bad enough, getting 3 shots in the leg. Luckily he is sleeping soundly now.

I am still not sure that I want to stay with this particular practice. As I mentioned before our original pediatrician left unexpectedly when he was 2 months old. I found her, however, at another practice even closer to the house. Today's visit was supposed to decide it for me,but unlike previous visits they were friendly and efficient and I got in and out in 1.5 hours which, for all that was done, isn't too bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Janice said...

nic always looks shocked in pictures... maybe because when you have the camera up your "disappear" behind it and he doesn't know where mom went? doesn't he know he is so cute that people are always going to be taking his pic? :)