Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Blue Do-Rag Lives On

In my mother's living room is a picture of my dad on vacation in the British Virgin Islands at the helm of a boat wearing a blue do-rag - or bandana if you wish. My mom blew up a copy of that picture to display at his funeral 3 years ago as it is a wonderful picture of him having a great time on his trip and the best way to remember him.
The other day Nic was "helping" with folding laundry and I pulled out my blue bandana and thought it would be fun to fashion a do-rag on him. To the right is the result. At the time I wasn't thinking of the picture of my dad, but my mom mentioned the similarity so now it's what the picture is for.
Though he always looks stunned in his pictures, I assure you he was smiling before it was taken. It looks like he is trying to be tough in this one.

1 comment:

Traci said...

What an awesome pic. Nic is getting so big! Are you coming home to Indy for the ACSM annual meeting this year? I have gotten to see you the past few years at the meetings and was hoping to see you soon!