Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Baby Jogger

Nicolas and I had our first outing in his baby jogger last week and our second today. If being able to stay at home with him were not pleasure enough already, this would make it great! We went to a nearby neighborhood where there are continuous sidewalks and from one end to the other spanning 4 miles. It was noon on a beautiful Thursday. As I jogged along with him enjoying the mild temperatures and wonderful sunshine, I thought .....this is spectacular. Despite the fact that it was the first time I had run since May, I felt pretty good. We actually walked some and jogged some so don't be too impressed with my ability to run 4 straight miles. The simple pleasure of being outside on a great day with my son getting some exercise was amazing. Those of you who work all day inside are probably thinking "must be nice". Well having spent many years working inside on nice days, working long hours on nice weekends, or being too *&!**$^ irritated and exhausted from the former to enjoy a nice day, I am glad to finally be able to sit back and say AHHHHHH.
Thank you to the nice YMCA folks who purchased the baby jogger for my baby shower back in October - it will be used well!
Nic seemed to enjoy the experience, watching the world go by, getting "isn't he cute" from the others out walking, and falling asleep before the excursion ended.
But now Nic is now screaming his cute little head off in his crib upstairs having only slept an hour:). Got to run!

1 comment:

"I'm Rachel" said...

Doesn't it rock? You ALMOST made me want to go running........

:)