Friday, April 11, 2008

Who Needs Nursery Rhymes?

Janice and I went to get our nails done last weekend. Fruit Punch was my color choice, but this is about something different. Janice needed to buy a nail top coat or base coat or something like that from OPI. The only one of this product that they had was in a special package with what appeared to be the OPI Pig Mascot. This pig, to the right, was wearing a red ladies hat, white/pink "fur" coat, red heels and nothing else. Not that we would expect a pig to have a pantsuit on under the coat, but it gave the pig an odd appeal or maybe a disturbing factor depending on who you ask. Janice tried to refuse the pig but I had to, for some odd reason, bring it home. I'm not really sure what I am going to do with the pig, but I will know when the time comes. Until then it's a toy for Nic and Piper (our lab). So while "dancing" the pig around in front of Nic and Piper, I came up with a song that goes like this. Unintentionally to the tune of the "Two and a Half Men" theme song, Pig pig pig pig I'm a big pig pig; pig pig pig pig I'm a big pig pig......(then not to be uncreative) Pig pig pig pig I'm a cross dressing pig, pig pig pig pig, pig pig pig pig, I'm a pig, you're a pig, we're all pig pig pig pigs, pig pig pig pig... and so on.
Nic squealed with delight, I mean totally laughed and squealed with delight. Then I put the pig in the bouncy seat with him and he hugged it and held on to it and yelled when I took it away. The pig may have to make a quiet departure before he gets too attached.

1 comment:

Janice said...

First off, I read this at worked and burst out laughing when I got to the song. I am pretty sure people think I am crazy. Course I am not the one singing about a crossing dressing pig (so we have decided the pig is a male?) Second, I was so touched when I head that Nic loves the lion I got him. But now that I know he loves the pig too... well I am thinking its just anything soft and not really the lion. Babies. :)