Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What's Up With Us?

I realized that I haven't put up a new blog in 2 weeks so I thought I would post an update. The good thing is that all is well with us. Nic goes for his 9 month check up next week. Can you believe he is almost 9 months old!? Well I can't.

Here is what has been going on with Nic:
1) He is crawling faster each day, so fast you have to keep your eyes on his or else he is out of the room and into something he shouldn't be.
2) He can crawl all the way up the stairs (we go behind him for backup).
3) He has 2 teeth that are just so cute. The top 2 are on their way.
4) He is a big flirt!
5) He has hair! Not a lot of it, but its there. Mostly blonde but a hint of red, bringing in my dad's genes.
6) He looks just like me as a child (ensuring he will be very handsome:)).
7) He claps and knows how to clap when "things" are done well.
8) We are not sure how much he weighs but we will find out next week, I am guessing 21lb.
9) He loves peas, sweet potatoes, pears and blueberries.
10) He loves the water! I have taken him "swimming" a couple times and he loves "swimming" his arms and kicking his legs. No more sitting and splashing for Nic.

I am working a regular 6 hours a week and upwards of 10 hours. During this time Nic goes into the childwatch at the Y. This has been the most difficult part of me working. With the variety of work that I do, he is in 3 different childwatches and then one more for working out close to the house. Today when I picked him up he had just awoken up from a nap and he was content.

Now it's 7:30p and he has just woken up, so it's time to go....

2 comments:

"I'm Rachel" said...

It was so fun to see Nic yesterday! And I love all your updates. Can you believe how fast time goes?

Janice said...

He looks so serious again... that modeling career is right around the corner. I would add to the list that he has the best giggle, will chew on anything, and bets are out he walks before he is 1.