Monday, June 30, 2008

Race Updates

For those of you who are following the Race Challenge, here is an update.

Ted has increased his running from 1 mile to 3 miles at a 10:30 pace. Very impressive for a non-runner wearing 2 year old running shoes.

I have gone from running 10 minutes at a time to running a consistent 3.2 miles in about 30 minutes. I had told Ted a couple weeks ago that I had run 3 miles in 25 minutes figuring that he would call my bluff, but he didn't. Since then I have admitted to him that I am not nearly that fast. I would be interested to see what my pace is without the jogger, but really what is the point as I doubt I will run without it for a couple years.

I met a woman today at the end of my run who was jogging with one baby in a double baby jogger. When I inquired as to the empty seat, she said she had some presumptuous in-laws:).

I have been told that the race is not that big and that maneuvering with the jogger shouldn't be too much of an issue. I just have to conquer some hills. So things are still looking good for me to take the prize (and by prize I mean bragging rights).

Despite the winning and the bragging, I am glad I had this challenge presented to me. It has really helped me to push myself in my running and I feel much stronger because of it. So bring on the 10K!

Oh and I saw "dad" again today. He didn't smile today, but I know he was still watching.

6 comments:

Janice said...

Go Dana, go Dana, go go go dana (I could have bene a cheerleader!). Remember our plans to make nic as light as possible.

Janice said...

Oh and look at Nic sitting up!! He is growing up too, too fast. Slow down Nic, I haven't even seen you crawl yet.

vonbad said...

You better hurry up because he's trying hard to stand.

Emily said...

GO DANA! :) you have to beat the non-runner! i know you can....can't believe how much nic is growing so so quickly!

tedology said...

As many of you who read this blog know of the up coming showdown between the 'non-runner' and the runner.

I hope that you are not that upset when I cross the finish line FIRST.

vonbad said...

Don't put "non-runner" in quotes, its not like you ran at any point between Cooper 2006 and now.