Saturday, March 8, 2008

A different kind of luxury

The commercial says "He went to Jared", but on the housecleaning front, it's "we got a Dyson". I know I shouldn't be so excited about a vacuum cleaner. Maybe it comes with the whole stay at home mom title, but it's awesome. I have a 2 year old lab who sheds like...well, she sheds a lot. Balding men would love to have the kind of hair this dog puts on my carpet everyday. So I asked Ted the other day if I could get a Dyson - yes I asked him. I don't make a $400 purchase without discussion with my husband and expect the same from him.
So today - I got one.
I was at TOM night with my girlfriends the other night and one of the questions that came up from the table top questions stack was "If you could have unlimited FREE spending at any store, what would it be?". Four of us answered TARGET. We got into the conversation of all the things you could buy at Target. Just think, FREE formula and diapers, tp, health and beauty products, cleaning products, Levis, ipods, CDs, wine, a Dyson vacuum....the list goes on and on. So that's how it started.
My birthday is at the end of the month and Ted says it should be my birthday present. I, honestly, said I didn't care. I don't think I would have gotten a $400 birthday present as it is. Not that my husband isn't a wonderfully caring man who wants to buy me everything I want. It's just that if I were to ask for a big, expensive present it would be diamonds and $400 doesn't buy the kind of diamonds I want. So for my birthday, I want....hmm, how about a pedicure (but not at the place down the street that did a less than wonderful job last time). Janice will you go with me? Erin, Janna and Rachel you are free to come too! Margaritas afterwards!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Like you have to ask me to get a pedicure! My toes are crying out for some attention.
Ok, ok I see the wisdom in having that unlimted spending at Target. But it was TOM night... I didn't want to be practical. I wanted to feel as though that stuff was a given, where would you have fun?
PS. I love my vacuum and I am a very single, very not mom chick. Course I am a bit anal so I may not be the person to compare too.

"I'm Rachel" said...

I'm so jelous of your Dyson. I covet it. :)