Monday, January 28, 2008

Ah Sleep

I didn't think this day (or night actually) was going to come. After so many sleepless nights or nights with little tidbits of sleep thrown in. But Saturday night it happened. Nic slept 8 hours. I kid you not. He fell asleep at 9pm and awoke the next morning at 5am. I woke up at 4am and felt that horrible panic when I looked at the clock. The thought of "why hasn't he woken up" and "is he OK". I tipoed into his room to find him still sacked out. Sunday night again he slept for 8 hours straight. I am not sure I feel like a normal person again as 8 weeks of sleep deprivation doesn't get remedied overnight, but it feels pretty darn good. I guess I expected a slow transition where he sleeps an hour longer for a couple nights or weeks, but he went from 2 hour naps to an 8 hour sleep. Horray for this milestone!

For those who were keeping up with the nursery project, I have a picture of the monkey for you!
Janice is also painting a toucan for Ted and he has INSISTED on a toucan. It is as close as we could get to a toucan while till looking cute enough to be on the nursery walls. We call it a Tedcan.

4 comments:

Emily said...

YAY!!! I know you might start to feel a little bit more human! I hope he continues to allow you to get some more sleep!

Janice said...

Is it me, or is Nic trying to imitate the monkey?

"I'm Rachel" said...

Janice, I thought the same thing! And Dana, EIGHT hours?!? That rocks. Go little Nic, go!

Traci said...

It looks like Nic is saying "YEAH! I did it!"