Friday, December 21, 2007

Cookies and Wine Party

Last night was the first time I was out on my own since the baby was born and the first social night in a LONG time. If you didn't already know this, being pregnant doesn't make you the life of the party. Janice hosted a cookies and wine party with Rachel, Janna and Erin also in attendance. It was a great night of eating awesome cookies, sipping some wine and talking with some great women. We laughed and told stories and for me it was a chance to just relax while Ted took care of Nic.
I got "the finger" from both Janna and Rachel more than once, in a loving way I know, for being back in non-maternity clothes. I really am quite happy with my speedy recovery. I am within 6 pounds of my starting weight after 2.5 weeks. I can wear normal shirts and button my jeans up all the way (and breathe at the same time). I still have the squishy, enlarged uterus belly, but I am working on the ab muscles to hold it in when I need to. I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe being able to go back to my normal clothes. I will have Ted's family take a Christmas picture of us to post for you all.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Hey Dana! Glad to hear that you got out for some social time with the girls. I hope that you, Ted and Nic have a Merry Christmas!