Sunday, December 9, 2007

5 days

We are 5 days into the life of Nicolas. He is doing great, eating and sleeping well; making lots of dirty diapers! Mother Jones (Mo Jo) was visiting until Saturday and relucantly went home. Tomorrow Mother Strube comes to help as Ted will be back at work. I will soon have to figure out how to shower, etc without anyone else to watch Nick, but for now I will take all the help I can get. We will venture out together on Tuesday for his first pediatrician appointment (where she will likely tell me that my son is the most amazing child she has ever seen - or maybe it's just me that thinks that).
I ran errands today - Target, etc - which is the first time I have been out since Monday. It felt like I had been at home or in the hospital for a month. I got a hug from the lady at Starbucks who was very excited to hear the news. A lot of stores could learn about customer service from Starbucks - the previously mentioned store included.
You can't see much of Nicolas in the picture, but to the right is a picture of Ted and I right after he was born - me smiling big as the epidural is still in effect!

2 comments:

Emily said...

how beautiful is he!! :) i know he is going to be super smart and the pediatrician will say he is the smartest and most athletic 6 day old she has ever seen! ;) I need to come and see this little man!

jennysigmon said...

WOW!!!!! Waht a beautiful little guy! You look amazingly happy in your picture. So glad that things are going so well! I LOVE his name. Nicholas has always been a favotire of mine. You are sure missed around here and the members are asking about you and Nicholas. Send a picture when you can and I will post it at the Y. Members want to see our newest little celebrity! take care!