Thursday, December 27, 2007

3 weeks old

We've had Nico (trying out nicknames) for 3 weeks now and it seems like 3 months. Not in a bad way, I am just used to having him around. I've gotten used to getting him ready for car rides and know that I have to add 10 minutes in to each trip for prep time. I have actually gotten used to getting up at least 2 times each night. I am still looking forward to sleeping through the night, but it is getting easier having to get up. I think somewhere on his tiny little body, he is wearing a watch because he knows when he has been sleeping exactly 3 hours and when that time is up, he is ready to eat. I have gotten used to letting him fuss and know he won't hate me for the rest of his life for letting him cry once in a while. I have even gotten to where I don't even think twice about sticking my nose up to his butt to see if he is dirty.
It's amazing that it has only been 3 weeks and I am glad that I still have another 6 weeks off of work to spend at home with him.
Santa brought Ted and I a video camera for Christmas so I hope to post some short clips of Nico to the blog for all to see. Yes, they will probably be of him laying there making faces and other things that only his parents find amusing, but you having the option of watching or not. Just be thankful that we didn't tape the birth.

No comments: