Monday, November 10, 2008

Kill, Kill, Kill

No I haven't lost my mind, but sometimes I want to kill, kill, kill!!!!

When I say that I mean germs!


I try to be green and non-toxic when it comes to cleaning products. I use Method soaps and surface cleaners, eco friendly dish detergent, and even green floor cleaner. I know that all the toxic substances in the cleaners are harmful to the whole family. Look under your sink and count up the toxic substances, then think of a situation like Galve*ston, TX where the flooding brought all those cleaners out in the open and added them to the flood waters. Or that all the cleaners sent down the drain or toilet add to the sewers and may or may not be filtered out into the lakes and rivers.


I buy the chemical-free sunscreen and lip balm.


But in the last couple months Nic has been sick with a number of ear infections and most recently a viral infection, so now when I think of the germs, I want to Kill, Kill, Kill.

Bleach, Win*dex, Clor*ox, Ly*sol, Rai*d...bring it on. If you are a living organism in my home that I didn't give birth to, marry, adopt, (myself too) or plant....beware!

2 comments:

Erin Evans said...

I know what you mean, having a sick baby stinks! But not all of it is from germs (by the sound of your cleaning routine, it's probably not!), and this is just how the first year goes. He needs to build up immunity, I know it sounds cliche but it's true. And since you, you know, go out in public, there's probably more out there than in your house. It's a dirty world!

Janice said...

preaching to the choir! the result little flu bug thingy i have right now is going to be me turing in to a germ freak. lets start a germ fighting army!