Friday, October 24, 2008

Toys!

With Nic's one year birthday coming up friends have asked me what the theme of his party will be. Theme? If figured the theme would be a birthday party, but I am domestically challenged in that way. So my friends asked what Nic likes to play with...and that just made me laugh.

Right now he is carrying around a John Mc*Cain flyer we got in the mail (I don't think it is an indication of his political preferences). Most days he is carrying around some kind of plastic container or lid or sport bottle. In the mornings he likes to carry around his little black "portfolios" like the little busy man that he is - lots to do today Mom, got to check my portfolio.
Then there are the socks, he loves socks..chewing on socks, re-arranging socks.

But none of the things that he likes to play with on a daily basis are actually toys.
So the theme of his party will be ... oh who knows. I will have to look to my friends for help on that. But we will have a party. Partially for him and mostly for us for making it through one year!

1 comment:

"I'm Rachel" said...

First birthday parties are totally for the parents -- to celebrate getting there! And perhaps I am domestically challenged here too, but I wouldn't worry about a theme either. I think the theme for 1 year-olds is universal: it's called "Eat Cake With Your Hands And Smear It Everywhere....." :)