Monday, September 29, 2008

You May Know This, But....

Life isn't fair.

During a phone conversation with a good friend today I was reminded of how life isn't fair. My dad always told me that and I know it's true, but somedays it just hits you even more. We were talking about how there are women out there who are addicted to crack, pregnant, still smoking crack, selling their bodies for crack, pregnant... and there are other women out there going to all lengths to try to conceive.

It's just not fair.

Then there is my friend's sister who has lived a clean and healthy life and is dying of cancer. The doctors are treating her with chemo to try to give her just a little more time with her husband and 2 young children.

It's just not fair.

Excuse me, I must go kiss my husband and child.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Knowing it doesn't make it any easier. I am sorry you had to be reminded and hope kissing your boys helped.

"I'm Rachel" said...

I know. And occasionally I need to be reminded why I need to be grateful every day....

vonbad said...

Amen, despite all the crap going on in the world, we are all so fortunate to have what we have and should give thanks every day not just once a year.