Friday, September 5, 2008

Nine Month Check Up

Nic and I went for his nine month check up at the pediatrician today, and once again, he is a GENIUS! This was our first time back to his former pediatrican and it confirmed my decision to go back to her. She, Dr.B., really takes interest in her little patients and I felt very comfortable with her. We spent some time going over the 8 months she didn't see him and recognizing his many accomplishments and remarking on the fact that he is a GENIUS! This is a feeling I didn't have as much with the other one. Not that she wasn't a good pediatrician, but I didn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling, along with other staff issues I had there.

His current stats are: 19.5lbs (but he feels like 25 - my boy is all muscle) and 29 inches. His height is actually in the 90% percentile for height! As you know, neither Ted nor I are overly tall, but my uncle on my dad's side is over 6ft. I think there is a lot of my dad coming through in Nic. Having lost my dad over 3 years ago, it warms my heart to see some of him in my son. There are little tints of red in his hair too:)

My mom comes to visit next week and I am excited for her to see the progress he has made and how much of a little man he has become. She was here 3 months ago, but he has changed so much in those months. When she was here last, he wasn't even crawling, but now - watch out, here he comes.

We walked to Starb*ucks this morning after our morning run and I sat him in one of their big leather chairs while I adjusted his stroller straps. I snapped a picture on my camera phone, but don't know how to get it off of there to post. If I find out, I will definately post it. It's so cute! He looks like he is so excited to be sitting by himself in a big chair.

No comments: