Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day at the BIG POOL

Today Nic spent some time at the BIG POOL, and by BIG POOL I mean the pool at the nearby Y.
We met a friend and her 3 children.
We slathered on the sunscreen, pulled on the swimmy diapers (well Nic had on the swimmy diapers, but what a good idea for adults - especially at the swim up bars at resorts, the water is always warmer there...anyway).
We walked into the water and dunked him in up to his bottom. Nic wasn't too sure about it at first since it was much colder than the pool at home, but after walking around and splashing some water he was ready to sit at the edge and splash.
We sat and splashed and he laid on his tummy over my legs and kicked and splashed and smiled and watched the other kids in the pool. After a little bit we sat under the umbrella and had a snack.

Definately a successful trip, one that we will make again soon. I didn't get a picture, but will try to next time. Just having the "swim" go without issue was enough of an achievement for one day.

3 comments:

"I'm Rachel" said...

I knew you would dig it. And it never gets old...... Ahhhhhhhhhh, summertime.

Janice said...

You look sooooooooo good in the 4th of July pic. Nic has one hot mama!

vonbad said...

Oh, thank you Janice. I needed to hear that. I tried to airbrush the wrinkles on photoshop but forgot how:)