Monday, July 7, 2008

And The Winner Is....

Nic came in at 27:02, Mommy at 27:03 and Daddy at 33:40. Let me do the math for you, that's 6:37 behind me and Nic. So not only did we beat him, we cooked him. Let me do more math for you, I ran under a 9 minute mile pace. That's about a full minute faster than I was running the week before! So let me just pat myself on the back for a minute........Ok, I'm back.

It was a fun race overall. Hot and humid, but all very do-able for 3.1 miles. This was my first race with a baby jogger and it was definately my biggest concern. It ended up making it a lot more fun as Nic got cheered on by all the folks on the side of the road. He, of course, slept the whole way. I heard a couple comments from people as I squeezed past in the first mile. I heard "I don't see why they allow baby joggers in the race, there's just not enough room for them"; and "I hate it when the baby joggers pass me, especially when it's a woman pushing twins and I still can't keep up"; and "You ran the whole way pushing him?". Before too long I had gotten out of the crowd and we had room to run. There were two baby jogger runners total in the race, too bad there wasn't a prize for that since I came in first in that division. Another mommy milestone reached.

Now it's time for the next challenge.

6 comments:

vonbad said...

Oh and on top of it all, I placed 5th in my age group.

Janice said...

WooHoo Dana!!!
(of course we all knew you'd do it) Congratulations to you and nic... his first race and to come in so strong... do I see a marathon in your future? :)

tedology said...

I admit defeat

Susi Zikeli said...

Sure - there will be a marathon coming in the near future - what a question !!!! .... Congratulations - way to go !!!!

vonbad said...

I am up for the half in November!

"I'm Rachel" said...

You rock. Saw Ted the other day. All the morning Y members had been licking their chops since the announcement that you won. They couldn't wait to razz him! :)