Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When Did I Lose My Mind?

When exactly did I lose my mind? Was it during birth? In the sleep-deprived weeks after? I'm not sure when it happened, but it happened.
But don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining, it's just funny. I talk to Nic and myself all day long in different voices, making up songs for every little thing we do. Some of my favorites:
"Falling Off the Couch"
"Poopie on the Butt"
"Babies with Pacis"
The list goes on and on.
Not that I was using a ton of brain power before I had him, but ......come to think of it......this is much more creative! I can come up with a jingle off the top of my head, some even have dances to go with them. If you visit with Nic and I, I may sing and dance them for you, they lose something when written.
Here is Nic in his "look Mom, no hands" pose!

1 comment:

"I'm Rachel" said...

And from what I understand, it never comes back. Mine is gone as well, and moms of older kids tell me that it never gets any better..... My theory is that somewhere during the pushing stage, you work so hard you melt a teeny-tiny layer of the brain. Makes sense, doesn't it? In any case, you're in good company!