Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thank You!

I want to send a huge Thank You out to all who have wished me well in this new chapter of my life. Going back to and then leaving the Y was a great experience. Not only is it a great way to get more parties, cards and gifts, it was so nice to have so many people happy to have me back and sad to see me go. I have made a lot of good friends at the Y. The members at the Steele Creek YMCA are so very special to me. Compared to other places I have been, I would say they are all very "real". "Real" meaning that you get what you see and see what you get. Ginny is one of those special members. We laughed and cried together and shared many stories of our families and our dogs. Ginny is a caring, sweet woman, and I will miss her. Then there are Tim, Janelle, Asha, Martin, Bob, Susi and Jeri. I could name these special people and fill a whole paragraph. I have also lost 3 members whose faces will always be in my memory. Tony Rosa, Mike Bailey and Lili Bryson all passed away during my time there. Tony died of lung cancer and, needless to say, reminded me of my father. Tony loved people with all his heart and loved his family so tremendously. Mike was an avid cyclist who always gave me a hard time in the classes I would teach. Lili was a beautiful young woman with a handsome young son. She was taken from us all way too soon. Even as I write I get teary thinking of how these people have touched my life.
Thank you for making me feel so welcome and I hope it won't be too long before I see you all again.

1 comment:

"I'm Rachel" said...

I haven't gotten to see you to wish you well or see you off! I was so suprised to hear that you'd turned in your two-weeks, but I also totally understand. I know it will be a great time to just be at home with Nic. Just being a mom is enough work! Will we still see you at Girl's Night?