Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ask the Magic 8 Ball

Ask the Magic 8 Ball when the baby is coming. That's about all you can do. I've heard it all so far.
I'm really, really tired one day and a woman tells me that I will deliver the next day because that's how it happened for her. Then I'm supposed to experience that "nesting" phenomenon where I have limitless energy and the insatiable desire to clean and in 2 days I will deliver. Then I am nauseous for 10 days straight and that's supposed to be a sign because that's how it happended for someone else. So...I've concluded that no matter how I feel it indicates that labor and delivery are right around the corner.
The truth is that there are numerous factors that need to be present in order for it to occur. You can't just have some of them, you need them all. Not even the baby knows when they will all come together, but until then, we wait.
Over the past 11 days I have had a sore throat, sinus congestion, lost my voice, been sick to my stomach, had gastrointestinal distress, and just pretty much felt like dog doo. So now that I feel somewhat normal again, a little waiting is OK.
If you picked a day before 11/24 in the baby Thor pool, you lost. We'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

"I'm Rachel" said...

God love ya..... I played the waiting game too. What I learned over the years is that a "due date" is bullshit. No one in the medical field has any idea what triggers labor and delivery. (Straight from my OBGYN's mouth.) My best advice is to pretend that your due date is not for another 2 weeks. When someone asks, just say, "Oh, well I'm not due until December 10th...." Otherwise, if you're like me, you'll pull your hair out! :) Hang in there!!!

Emily said...

Dana...I am in need of an update!