Monday, September 10, 2007

Haircut for a Cause

Well, I did it. About 2 weeks ago now, but I did it. I cut 10 inches off of my hair to donate to Locks of Love. Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. Check them out at www.locksoflove.org. Do you have long hair? You do it too, it's easy, just takes some sissors, I'll help if you'd like!

The new hair do is fun actually. It's a forced change (like I needed another change right now), it's a break from the heat, and it's actually kind of cute! Will it stay this short? Who knows, we will have to see what the other changes in my life bring.

I'd like to ask everyone for a minute to think of what small act they could preform or task they could take on that could help out someone in need. It could be as simple and painless as cutting your long hair, or you could spend a couple weekends building a house for Habitat for Humanity, or you could volunteer at a hospice to help families in need.
You know you can do something, what is it?

2 comments:

Emily said...

and i love the new haircut! :) I am enjoying reading your blog for Thor! :)

Traci said...

Let's see a pic of the new 'do! :o)