Thursday, August 30, 2007

Unwritten Rules

A woman told me the other day that there is an unwritten rule about pregnant women. This is that one should be careful around pregnant women. Let then cross safely at the cross walk, hold the door for them, etc. The people of Charlotte may need this rule to actually be written down because they appear to be unaware of it.
As I cross the street at work each day in search of my DECAF coffee, I face the same challenge as always. Maybe the people in their cars are thinking that they will hurry and get out of the way so I have a clear street to cross? Maybe I don't look pregnant enough? Maybe they are thinking that I could use a sprint across the street to workout all those extra pastries? Looking at the 6 month picture here I don't think that could be the case. The distribution of weight definately says PREGNANT.
So for anyone who reads this, slow down for the pregnant lady and consider holding the door once in a while.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Maybe they think you are just wearing a puffy shirt like those of us who are walking around in shirts formally reserved for those who are 6 months pregnant. Or maybe they are just jerks.