Sunday, August 19, 2007

Diet Coke and Starbucks

Diet Coke is my new wine. For 10 months I cannot drink alcohol. Not really a big deal most of the time, except for those days you just need "something". Aspartame is a "use sparingly" substance for pregnant women, so its not an every day thing. But sometimes a dose of the articifially sweetened, carbonated, carmel colored liquid is just that "something".

Then there is the grade, half-caf, iced americano with a splash of skim milk. Somedays its all decaf and some days Thor gets a little shot of caffiene. I can tell he likes it by the acrobatics in my belly. A Starbucks opened around the corner from my house about 3 months ago and I have already become a regular fixture there most mornings on my way to work. I think I enjoy the coffee shop atmosphere as much as the drink itself. My dad used to drink decaf all day long and my brother and I used to think - what is the point of coffee without the caffiene. Well, now I know.

The pregnancy books warm against the use of cocaine and heroine during pregnancy. I think I should be fine with my 2 little indulgences!

1 comment:

Janice said...

So excited, another blog to read! And an awesome way to start... some Thor and a tribute to Starbucks. I think during the opening of Stratford I am going to have to bring Diet Coke back into my life, cause even though I still have tequilla and wine they frown upon drinking that at work.