Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting Too Big for Your Tights?

I am not really sure if I should name names here so I will dance around it and you will know what I am talking about. I was watching the latest episode of Bi**est L**ser last night. Though I know better as a degreed and certified trainer, I still enjoy the show. Maybe it's seeing the life-changing results. It's definately not the crying, and crying, and crying some more. Now, I know I have been overly prone to tears on occasion - not something I am proud of - but I don't need to watch adults sob for 2 hours. Of course certain contestants have more right to cry than others. Abby, for instance, who lost her husband, 3 year old daughter and infant son in a car accident. Yes, Abby, you have the right to cry a lot, and she was more positive than most.





Anyway, I was watching last night and one of the trainers (I will let you guess which one) said as far as a trainers go "I am the best you can get" (or at least something really close to that).





Seriously???





Seriously???





Has someone gotten too big for their tights? Over the past 15 years working in fitness, I believe I have met some of the best in the fitness field. PhD's that have written the books that other trainers read to learn how to be trainers. Researchers that develop the methods by which we train. In a nutshell, people better than her (oops did I let it slip which trainer it was?).





So I reached for the remote and click, off it went. Done, over, not able to stomach (no pun intended) it anymore.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Well maybe she is the best they could get. Could they get one of those much better PhD trianers? So technically... :)
I am not surprised she thinks that about herself. This show, two Wii games, I think she is on the cover of 2 or 3 magazines right now. Its never about academics, all about pop culture. But I am not a trainer so I will keep watching cause red team adds something other than all the crying, I am anxious for green to go away, and I really want the girl in pink to lose, lose, lose.