Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Protective Eyewear Needed

Tuesdays are long days for me. Not 16 hour long like I used to have, but 5.5 hours of training and 3 hours of driving (yikes I hadn't added up the drive time like that before). Anyway, its a long day and my 4th client of the day didn't show up. I hate being idle, I'd rather be training than hanging out waiting. Well it turns out she sent me an e-mail ealier that morning to tell me she was sick. However my stellar internet service wasn't recieving messages that morning and it has yet to be delivered. So it is still floating out in electronic no-mans-land with all the text messages I send Janice.

Generally by the time I get home Nic and Daddy are asleep, but not last night. Nic was WIDE OPEN. So around 10:30p I headed downstairs for a little warm milk nightcap for the little man then I head back upstairs for a quick daiper change. The second I lay him down he starts kicking, screaming, turning over....so I struggle to get his wet diaper off and get it into the diaper pail. Then as I am coming up from pulling out a baby wipe I get hit in the eye with something. I reflexively swat "it" away and look up at Nic to see just what he has thrown at me when I realize that he is peeing - IN MY EYE - and my hair. I get out of the stream of pee and watch as he pees on the floor and think - maybe I should cover that thing up. So I cover it up and when I remove the cover a couple moments later, he starts peeing again. Ugh. Finally the water works stop, I get him dressed and soak a bit of pee off the carpet. We have a carpet shampooer - I think to myself and move on to the bedroom. I wash off my face and dab my pee-soaked eye, pull my pee-tinged hair up into a knot and head to bed.

This morning I told Ted about it. He just laughed and said 2 years ago there is now way I would have gone with bed without showering all of that off. I just told him that showering would have delayed sleep for at least another 20 minutes and that was just too long. Priorities sure do change, don't they.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Ok so as I am reading this I am thinking, oh gosh shower, oh I would have to run right in the shower, poor dana has to shower that late at night...
Or maybe not.