Monday, March 8, 2010

Evolution of Going Out

The other Thursday Ted and I had decided we needed to go out for dinner (Nic too) on Friday. So along comes Friday afternoon and it didn't quite go as planned and I got to thinking about how I used to go out when I was much younger and without a husband or child.

5pm - get done with work or classes and head to the gym.
6:30pm - grab something to eat and maybe a little nap.
8pm - hit the shower
9pm - dig through my closet and maybe a friend's closet for something to wear.
10pm - have friends over for a "pre-party".
11pm - head out and hope that we are not too early.
3pm - home and sleep

Now it goes more like this:

5pm - Nic napping
6pm - Ted gets home from work tired, Nic due to get up at any time. I have showered and decided that jeans and a T-shirt is just fine after looking through the other options.
6:15pm -
Ted: you still want to go out.
Me: I guess so, do you?
Ted: not really.
Me: me neither. Maybe we can just go grab pizza tomorrow afternoon.
Ted: that sounds good.
I head back upstairs to put on comfy pants.
8pm - all 3 of us are in bed ready for sleep.

We did go for pizza and playtime in the park on Saturday and I was a much better time!

1 comment:

Erin Evans said...

LOVE this!! So true. The thought of going out for dinner is great, but we usually opt out of that and instead go out for breakfast or lunch if that's possible, and then chill at home for the night. Good times :)