Friday, December 5, 2008

Reflection

A year has passed since Nicolas was born so it is time to reflect.
Here are my thoughts (in no particular order) on this past year.
1) This year has brought the most dramatic and wonderful change I have ever experienced.
2) Nic is a genius.
3) Pregnancy and childbirth was the most wonderful experience I have ever had. It still gets me emotional when I think of his head coming out (yep, I said head coming out - it was amazing).
4) My home has gotten messier with each addition (cat, husband, dog, child) and each year I care less about the mess.
5) I can see how motherhood isn't for every woman.
6) I must have had a lot of time on my hands before I had Nic.
7) No matter how tired I am when he wakes me up in the middle of the night, I still love to kiss his sweet little face.
8) The jobs that pay us may be important (some more than others), but this is the most important job I will ever have.
9) My weekly e-mail about my baby's development said "toddler" today - eek, I have a toddler!
10) If you hurt my child...well I won't put it in writing, but you know...
11)There is no love greater than this.
Thank you to everyone who helped me get through this first year. Thank you for keeping up with us. We will continue this blog into the next year and many after.

1 comment:

Janice said...

When you scan down the right side and look at all the pictures of nic back to the very beginning it is like watching a miracle. Happy Birthday Nic!!! Can't wait to watch you grow through year 2!